Charming, modern, newly-remodeled private apartment located on the lower level of our three-story, 100-year old Edwardian house. Cable TV, wifi, full kitchen. We are located in the safe, convenient, and family-friendly Inner Richmond neighborhood. We are registered as a legal short-term rental with the City of SF. Beware of illegal, unregistered homes!
Airbnb Superhost for over 3 years, with over 160 reviews!
Our family lives upstairs from the unit and we are always happy to answer questions about the neighborhood and SF, in general. Please note, you may occasionally hear some footsteps and "pitter patter" from our little ones scurrying about at times when we are home, but it is quite negligible and has never been a bother to any of our guests.
Guests will be in a completely private one-bedroom apartment. The entrance is through our garage. We have a lockbox with the key, so you can arrive whenever you'd like.
The Inner Richmond is one of the most popular, convenient neighborhoods in San Francisco:
- Three blocks from Golden Gate Park, specifically near The California Academy of Sciences, De Young Museum, Japanese Gardens, and Arboretum.
- Three blocks from Clement Street, including its fabulous restaurants (such as Burma Superstar, B Star, Troya, Giorgio's Pizza, Toy Boat Dessert), many coffee shops, See's Candies, bakeries, Green Apple Bookstore (regularly voted best used bookstore in SF), spas, and more.
- The Inner Richmond is home to the "other" or "real" Chinatown (less touristy than downtown).
- Six blocks from USF's huge and beautiful Koret Health and Recreation Center, for all your exercise needs.
- Five blocks from the Presidio, where you can experience breath-taking views, hikes and golf.
- Convenient grocery shopping, including Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Safeway, fresh fruit markets, and many Asian supermarkets.
- Great location for running and biking (multiple bike rental shops nearby; secure bike storage is available in our garage).
We have a lockbox so you have 24 hour access.
We are offering a charming, modern, newly-remodeled private apartment located on the lower level of our three-story, 100-year old Edwardian house. We are located in the safe, convenient, family-friendly Inner Richmond neighborhood.
This 550 sq ft apartment has beautiful natural light streaming in from the sliding glass doors facing the private back yard. The living room area has a newly-purchased comfortable couch, and a 46" flat-screen TV. TV is a smart TV, so you can log in to your Netflix account, YouTube, etc. TV also has cable, HBO, Showtime, and DVR recording capabilities.
Kitchen area is an open-spaced, bright, fully-equipped kitchen with new appliances, including a dishwasher, microwave, and granite counter tops, a small dining area and table, and a desk / work space area.
The separate bedroom includes a queen size bed with night tables and a closet. Access to full bathroom from both the bedroom and living room. Two can sleep in the bedroom. One can sleep on the couch or our twin size air mattress. We also have an extra-high queen size air mattress, for two to sleep in the living room. Total occupancy is four people. We have made exceptions for five, if it includes low-maintenance little ones.
Linens and towels are provided. Free, shared laundry facilities are right outside your door. Free wifi and cable TV. The apartment has a separate entry through our garage, which provides you with privacy.
Enjoy your morning coffee outdoors or soak in the delightful mid-day sun on the patio, adjacent to our fenced-in, quiet yard.
We take being good hosts seriously, and we are proud "Hostfully Hosts." This means when you stay with us, you get a Hostfully guidebook link emailed to you. The guidebook contains all the essential information about our home, as well as recommendations all over the city. It's easy to navigate, and if you are out and about, you can access it from your phone. You will also receive discounts to popular SF attractions, including Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour and Cal Academy of Sciences.
We are a married couple, with two children. We have traveled the world and were particularly grateful for the generosity of many hosts who opened up their homes to us, often demonstrating their desire for us to love and enjoy their city and country. Our hopes, at that time, was that one day, we would own our own home, and meet and host visitors from all over.
In 2011 we moved from New York City to San Francisco. We bought our dream home in September, 2012. We enjoy playing host and welcoming visitors into our home and suggesting great places to visit while staying in the San Francisco area.
Our location is easily accessible to public transportation:
- One express bus (1 block away) will take you downtown to the Ferry Building in approx 20 minutes, where you can enjoy gourmet restaurants and bountiful farmer's markets 3 times per week.
- Just 1 block walk in the other direction and another bus line will take you directly to all the shops of Union Square if you travel east, or to Ocean beach if you travel west.
- We have easy, direct bus access to popular neighborhoods, such as The Castro, Dolores Park, The Mission, The Sunset, The Fillmore, Japantown, The Haight, NOPA, Cole Valley, Hayes Valley, and of course, downtown.